YWGS Alumnae Choir
Performance in Concert 2017
- Coordinator: Cheung Siu Ping
- Conductor: Ruth Lau
- Pianist: YY
- Part Leader (Saprano): Cheung Siu Ping
- Part Leader (Alto): Linda Lee
The Ying Wa Girls' School Alumnae Choir [The Choir] was established by our former Principal, Mrs Katherine Chau who appointed alumnae Ms Ho Lo Tak and Ms Wong Ka Po as Coordinator and Conductor respectively in 1999 for preparing the Centenary celebration of the school.
In 2000, the choir made its first performance at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in the Founder's Day anniversary dinner.Thereafter, the choir performs regularly on school annual occasions. With the support of the school Principal, Mrs Ruth Lee, the choir has been able to hold regular singing practices at the school.
The choir has the mission of strengthening the bonding between alumnae through music, and acts as the platform for alumnae of different generations to build up friendship, with a view to enhancing Alumnae's sense of belonging to the Ying Wa community.
- The choir seeks to develop itself as a sizable choir with outstanding quality. Through regular singing practices, the choir strives to help members to learn singing techniques effectively, to raise their interests in singing and to improve their singing skills.
- The choir would like to actively participate and collaborate in school events, i.e. Founder's Day, Prayer Day, etc for singing performance.
Through participating in performances or events that are organized apart from the school, the choir strives to strengthen our school's public image and provide members with exposure to various kinds of performances.